Maryland Gospel Church – Mission, Vision and Goals
Vision: To build up a God-centered church family where we practice loving one another and the truth that we learn from the Bible. At we reach out to people nearby and faraway with the gospel of Christ.
Mission: To focus on prayer, disciple-making and care-giving. Goals: Prayer ministry â€“ We want to see that Maryland Gospel Church (MGC) becomes a church of prayer, and we believe firmly that this will please the Lord. Starting from the Pastor, Elders and Deacons, we should live out a belief that prayer is the primary work of Godâ€™s people. We would like to see that prayer of our people not only happens on Sundays or during the prayer meeting time but should permeate all of our church life and ministries. We want to encourage the Board to plan together for finding specific ways for putting this vision into practice. Disciple-making ministry â€“ We agreed to adopt the Seven-Stages Disciple Making program. We thank God for preparing us to be familiar with the BRIDGESâ€™ Ministry since 2014. The BRIDGES training of September 2019 in New York City just comes on time, and we have sent a group of co-workers to go through the training. The Leadership Team will spend time together to evaluate our current ministries and start to develop a Seven-Stages Disciple Making program at MGC. Care Ministry â€“ This ministry covers several ministry areas, such as member care, reaching out to the Sunday newcomers, long-term needs, emergency needs, and others. It involves the care ministry co-workers, every small group, and the Pastor and Elders as well. It also needs to promote and provide trainings for those who have a heart for caring for others.
Maryland Gospel Church – Statement of Faith
- 1. Our Church is â€œthe pillar and foundation of the truthâ€ (1 Timothy 3:15). We believe the sixty six books of the Bible are revelation from God, inerrant, sufficient, and the final authority for our faith and practice.
2. Our Church is â€œGodâ€™s holy templeâ€ (2 Corinthians 6:16) and â€œspiritual houseâ€ (1 Peter 2:5). We worship only the Triune God.
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, and begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnated from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake, he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day, he rose in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets.
- Above is adopted from Nicene Creed
- 3. Our Church is â€œGodâ€™s flockâ€ (1 Peter 5:2). We believe that man is made in the image of God, but corrupted by sin, and fallen into curse. We believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Only through confession, repentance, and believing in Jesus would man be saved and receive eternal life.
4. Our Church is the â€œbody of Christâ€ (Colossians 1:24). We believe that Christ is the head of the Church. The Church is Godâ€™s family and consists of all born-again believers.
5. Our Church is a â€œkingdom of priestsâ€ (1 Peter 2:9). We believe our mission is to bear witness for our Lord Jesus Christ, and spread the gospel to all nations.
Pastor Tom He
Pastor Tom He came from Harbin, China, in 1995 to study for PhD of Plant Pathology. He was saved by accepting Jesus as his savior at Columbia Chinese Christian Church in Missouri the same year. He was called by God to study for a Master of Divinity at Kansas City Calvary Theological Seminary in 1998, and graduated in 2002. He served at Indiana and Maryland. Currently he is the senior pastor of Maryland Gospel Church.