General Guidelines for Any MGC Chat Group
- Always keep to the purpose of the group! Do not share irrelevant messages about other topics.
- Do not create groups with minors who do not know each other – no parent wants their kids talking to strangers.
- No fake news. Check your sources before you share.
- Do not use a group to berate someone else or air grievances. If you have an issue address it one-on-one with the relevant person. Respect one another. Build one another up, not tear one another down.
- Avoid long discussions on a particular subject, especially if they are causing disputes. Schedule a meeting to discuss that subject if necessary.
- Always notify someone with respect before adding or removing them.
- Do politely excuse yourself before you leave a group.
- Do not have one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
- Do not post in any group between 22:00 and 07:00 unless it is an all-out emergency.
- Do not spam the group. Do not send messages that use up large amounts of data bandwidth, which can create a financial burden to others.
ED approved version 1.0 updated: 12/8/2020